McCurdy School was started in 1912, when United Brethren Deaconess Mellie Perkins came to Velarde, New Mexico. The school opened on Oct. 21, 1912, with four students. At that time the mission was the only school of any kind in the Española Valley.
For 100 years McCurdy has shared the love of Christ in the Española area and because of the plans we are making now we strongly believe we will continue to be the hands of Christ for the next 100 years!
Vaya con Dios!